Terms & Conditions
1. Scope1.1. This document governs your relationship with CodexPro GmbH, Schaumburgallee 7, 14052 Berlin, Germany (“CodexPro“ or “we“ or “us“). CodexPro is the owner and operator of the website https://codexpro.eu (“website”). Access to and use of this website, as well as the products and services available through this website (collectively “services“), are subject to the following general terms and conditions (the “terms & conditions“). By using or purchasing the services, you agree to all terms that may be updated by us from time to time. You should regularly check this page for any changes to the terms & conditions.
1.2. If you do not agree to these terms & conditions you cannot use or purchase our services.
1.3. Access to this website is temporary, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the services without prior notice. We are not liable if this website is unavailable for any reason at any time. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts or the entire website.
2.1. A description of the services is available on our website. We will provide the services with reasonable care and skill in accordance with the description on the website.
2.2. We reserve the right to change or withdraw the services described on the website without prior notice.
2.3. We expect that the services you purchase meet your needs. We do not guarantee a specific outcome, professional qualification, or employment opportunity through the purchase and provision of any of the services.
2.4. The courses take place at the confirmed address or online at the time specified in the confirmation email or our learning platform “Classroom”.
3. Ordering Services
Purchasing services via the website
3.1. To purchase any of the services online, you must register for an account with us on the website. If you already have an account with us, you can log in with your username and password.
3.2. By placing an order, you accept the purchase of a service under our terms & conditions. All orders are subject to availability and confirmation of the order price.
3.3. To register with us, you must be over 18 years old and have one of the offered payment methods. CodexPro reserves the right to refuse any request you make.
3.4. When you place an order, you will receive an order acknowledgment email confirming the receipt of your order; this email is a confirmation and does not constitute acceptance of your order. A contract between us is only formed when we send you an order confirmation by email. Only the services listed in the order confirmation email are part of the contract that has been formed. By placing an order, you commit that all information provided to us is true and correct, that you are an authorized user of the payment method used for your order, and that there are sufficient funds to cover the cost of the service. The prices for foreign products and services may fluctuate. All advertised prices are subject to such changes.
4. Obligations of the contracting party
4.1. The right to use the service applies only to the confirmed participants.
4.2. The right to use the service includes access to the course and permission to access (online) learning content for your own learning purposes.
4.3. All services provided by us under these terms & conditions are for your personal use and cannot be transferred or assigned to others.
4.4. The right to use the service does not include the legal right to make a copy under § 53 UrhG (German Copyright Act).
Please see section 7 (Intellectual Property Rights).
4.5. You are required to keep access data and passwords confidential to prevent unauthorized use of the courses by third parties.
4.6. You are responsible for creating the technical conditions for access to the course in your premises, especially with regard to:
- a. stable power supply,
- b. hardware (PC/ laptop (recommended), tablet or mobile phone (Android Jelly Bean or current version, screen size 7 inches +) with headphones or speakers, microphone, webcam), and
- c. operating system software used,
- d. internet connection, including ensuring connection speed, current browser software, and acceptance of cookies transmitted by the provider's server. In this regard, you bear all costs associated with meeting these requirements.
5.1. The fees for the services are as stated on the website at the time of your order.
5.2. Unless otherwise stated at the time of the order, the services are inclusive of value-added tax or other local taxes. All additional costs will be indicated on the website before purchasing the services.
5.3. The fees for the service you selected on the website will be deducted from the payment method/payment provider you have chosen at the time of purchase. The fees must be paid as specified before you can access a course.
5.4. You are responsible for all fees charged by your bank or payment provider in connection with the purchase of services.
5.5. You are responsible for all costs incurred by you in connection with participating in a course or accessing a course.
5.6. If you fall into arrears with payment, the amount owed by you shall accrue interest during the arrears at a rate of 5% above the respective base interest rate of the European Central Bank.
6.1. Although CodexPro strives to provide services to the highest industry standards, neither we nor our mentors accept liability for:
- a. any inaccuracies or misleading information provided in the service, and any reliance by the customer on such information,
- b. any loss or damage to data,
- c. ensuring that the use of the courses does not infringe upon the commercial rights or copyrights of third parties or cause harm to third parties. Such rights are not known to us as of yet,
- d. all indirect, special, or consequential damages resulting from a breach of the provisions of this contract.
6.2. As expressly stated in these terms & conditions, there are no conditions, warranties, or other provisions for the services. There are no implied conditions, warranties, or other provisions (including all implied provisions regarding satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, or conformity with the description).
6.3. Subject to the clause 6.4 below, CodexPro 's total liability arising from or in connection with these terms & conditions and in relation to we have done or not done in connection with these terms & conditions and the provision of the service (whether the liability arises from a breach of contract, negligence, or any other reason) is limited to the fees we have received in connection with the respective course in respect of which a dispute has arisen.
6.4. Nothing in these terms & conditions excludes or or limits CodexPro's liability for:
- a. death or personal injury caused by negligence,
- b. fraudulent misrepresentation, or
- c. any other matter that cannot be limited or excluded under German law.
6.5. You must notify us of defects, malfunctions, or damages promptly in writing. We will remedy defects within a reasonable period after receiving a comprehensible description of the defect from you.
6.6. Claims cannot be made later than 12 months after the last day on which the relevant services provided by us were terminated or discontinued.
7. Intellectual property rights
7.1. All intellectual property rights in the services, content, and the lectures delivered by mentors in the courses are and remain the intellectual property of CodexPro or its licensors, regardless of whether they have been customized, written, or tailored for the customer.
7.2. You are not authorised to:
- a. copy, modify, reproduce, duplicate, republish, sub-licence, sell, lend, upload, broadcast, post, transmit or distribute any of the services without prior written permission;
- b. record on video or audio tape, relay by videophone or other means the services given;
- c. use the services in the provision of any other course or training whether given by us or any third party mentor;
- d. remove any copyright or other notice of CodexPro on services;
- e. modify, adapt, merge, translate, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer (save to the extent permitted by law) any software forming part of the services.
- f. Breach by you of this clause 7.2 shall allow us to immediately terminate these terms & conditions with you and cease to provide you with any services.
7.3. In consideration of the fees paid by you, we grant to you a limited, non-transferable, non-exclusive licence to use the services for the sole purpose of attending and / or completing the course.
8.1. Each party shall keep the other party’s confidential information strictly confidential and not use it otherwise than for the purposes of these terms & conditions, and shall return it on demand and not retain copies of it.
8.2. Either party may disclose confidential information to its legal and other advisors for the purposes of obtaining advice from them.
8.3. This clause shall continue notwithstanding termination of these terms & conditions.
9.1. If you choose our service, the course duration is 7 months (28 lessons), unless the contract is terminated by us or you with thirty (30) days' notice to the end of a course month.
- a. Any termination must be made in writing (letter or email), stating the reason for termination in the case of extraordinary termination for good cause. Please send the termination letter to our above-mentioned address or email address.
- b. In the event of termination, half of the gross purchase price for the remaining months will be due as a cancellation fee.
9.2. We reserve the right to terminate the contract between us and cease to provide any services with immediate effect if you or the registered student:
- a. fail to pay the fees when due;
- b. behave aggressively, bully, offend, threaten, or harass any employee, freelancer of CodexPro, any mentor providing the courses, or any student attending a course;
- c. steal or act in fraudulent or deceitful manner towards us or, our employees, freelancers, or other students using our service;
- d. intentionally or recklessly damage our property or the property of our employees, freelancers, or other students using our service;
- e. are under the influence of alcohol or illegal substances while attending a course;
- f. commit a criminal offense, while attending our service, where the victim is our employee, freelancer, or a student, or violate these terms & conditions.
9.3. Upon termination, clause 6 (Liability), 7 (Intellectual property rights) and 8 (Confidentiality) shall continue notwithstanding such termination.
9.4. Upon termination of the contract, we are entitled to immediately block your access to the respective service.
9.5. We reserve the right to cancel the service up to one day before the confirmed start of the service if the minimum number of 3 participants is not reached. Thereupon the full amount paid will be refunded within 14 days.
10. Cancellation policy
10.1 You have the right to cancel your contract within fourteen (14) days without giving any reason. The revocation period begins on the day on which the contract was concluded.
10.2 In order to exercise your right of withdrawal, you must inform us of your decision to withdraw from this contract by means of a clear declaration to our above-mentioned address or email address.
10.3 To meet the withdrawal deadline, it is sufficient for you to send the notice of withdrawal before the withdrawal period expires.
10.4 If you withdraw from this contract, we must promptly refund all payments we have received from you, no later than fourteen (14) days from the day we receive your notice of withdrawal from this contract. We will use the same payment method you used for the initial transaction for this refund unless we have expressly agreed otherwise with you. You will not be charged any fees for this refund under any circumstances.
If you wish to cancel the contract, please fill out this form and send it back.
I/We (*) hereby cancel the contract for the provision of the following service:
Name of consumer(s):
Address of consumer(s):
Signature of consumer(s) (only if this form is notified on paper):
(*) Delete as appropriate
11. Entire agreement
These terms & conditions constitute the entire agreement between the parties and supersede all prior agreements and understandings, whether written or oral. You acknowledge that you have not relied on any representations when entering into these and any other terms & conditions with us. Nothing in this clause or the terms & conditions limits liability for fraudulent misrepresentation.
12. Force majeure
CodexPro shall not be liable to you for any breach of its obligations or termination under these terms & conditions arising from reasons beyond our control, including, but not limited to fires, floods, earthquakes, volcanoes, terrorism, strikes, delays due to transportation disputes, course cancellation due to a mentor's family death, mentor illness, government decree, or regulations.
We have the right to assign, transfer, or subcontract our rights and obligations at our discretion to third parties.
If you violate these terms & conditions and we do not take action, we are still entitled to use our rights and remedies in any other situation where you violate these terms & conditions.
16. Law and jurisdiction
16.1. These terms & conditions and any contract entered into with us shall be governed by German law.
16.2. The jurisdiction for disputes arising out of or in connection with this contract is Berlin.
If any part of the terms & conditions is found to be invalid (including any provision where we exclude our liability to you), the validity of all other parts of the terms & conditions shall remain unaffected; all other clauses shall remain in full force and effect. To the extent possible that a clause/subclause or part of a clause/subclause can be severed to make the remaining part valid, the clause shall be interpreted accordingly. Alternatively, you agree that the clause shall be corrected and construed so as to most closely approximate the original meaning of the clause/subclause within the limits of the law.
18. Notices and complaints18.1. The European Commission provides an online dispute resolution (ODR) platform: https://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/
18.2. We are not willing or obliged to participate in a dispute resolution procedure before a consumer arbitration board.
Please let us know if you have any complaints or comments.
You can contact us at the address or email address mentioned above.
Updated: October 2023